At Washington Flooring, we have made a habit of exceeding the expectations of our satisfied customers. As a family owned business with both experience and affordable products and services, we know what it takes to pick the perfect material for your floors. We are proud to serve the Washington, Clinton, Hackettstown, Stewartsville, and Califon areas with a showroom located in Washington, NJ. We’d love for you to stop by and speak to one of our flooring specialists who will be happy to answer all your questions and help you find the perfect floor covering for your home.
Engineered vs. Solid Wood Floors
When it comes to wood floors, the bottom line is, solid wood flooring cannot be installed in below grade spaces. The main reason for this is that the material expands and contracts with changes in temperature and humidity. It can’t handle a lot of moisture either, which is apt to happen in those rooms. So, to get a better idea of exactly which type of flooring you’re going to need, we will consider engineered vs. solid wood flooring.
- Solid wood from top to bottom
- Great flooring for above grade spaces
- Offers large variety with regards to wood species, stains, finishes, and more
- Very durable
- Needs specific care & maintenance
- Real wood veneer placed between a base backing & a protective top coat
- Can be installed in any room of your home
- Offers a nice variety of species, stains, and finishes
- Does not need to be maintained as rigorously as solid wood
Engineered vs. solid wood really only boils down to a couple of main ideas. Solid wood is a long-term flooring option, as opposed to engineered, which can be easily replaced if desired. On the other hand, engineered wood can be placed anywhere in the home, without regard to grade.